Monday, November 3, 2008

Because of Pancit

Pancit is a food very common to all Filipinos and personally
it is one of my favorites. Whenever we meet someone here that
has visited the Philippines they always say that they like pancit.

In my prior post I mentioned a place named Harleys that my husband
and I go to almost every Sunday that serves free barbecue buffet.
If you want to bring a special dish for all the people to enjoy
they appreciate that. One day my husband and I agreed to bring
pancit. When we reached Harleys, I handed the dish I had prepared
to the bar tender and gladly he said, “Thank You.” As we listen
to the music of the band, the bar tender approached us and asked
if the food that we brought was pancit. I said yes and I asked him
how he knew about pancit. With smile in his eyes he said that his
mom is from the Philippines and used to cook the said food for the
family.

What a small world. Because of pancit my husband and I made
someone smile. Isn’t it great? Before we left the place he said
that he missed having it and that he truly appreciated the dish.

2 comments:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

i love pancit very much... its my favorite, I love sotanghon guisado too

Joy said...

i just love to eat pancit, my dad makes the best pansit. well, have a wonderful day.