Saturday, November 8, 2008

Learning to Drive

Driving a car is new to me and is something I am interested
to do and learn.

I was accompanied by my husband to the Department of Public
Safety where I took the exam for me to have a permit to learn
to drive. The result was good, had a 100% rating. Since then
I started to learn to drive and my husband has to be with me
since it is required that someone with a driver’s license has
to sit next to the student driver.

I admit that learning to drive is not easy for someone like me
that never drove any type of vehicle not even bicycle. In the
Philippines where I came from I can always get a ride from a
jeep, bus and taxi (our local means of transportation) without
learning how to drive. But since I am now in U.S.A. driving is
a thing that I must learn to do. One of the things I appreciate
here in U.S.A. are the roads, very wide and a center lane is
there for those making a turn and almost every driver if not all
uses their directional in changing lanes and in making turns.
Traffic lights are working and everyone pays attention to it.

Learning to drive in U.S.A. is something that I enjoy doing though
I still have to conquer my fear. I always believe that if others
can why can’t I.

1 comment:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

it is just easy to drive here in the US and I am sure you are a fast learner... Goodluck!