Saturday, January 12, 2008

Quite Time


I used to hear from my teachers way back when I was still a student
saying " keep quite or silence please" and I understand why such a line is being uttered not only by teachers but by most of us when we realize that people around us are noisy or if we want to be heard and be understood.

"In Silence God will Speak", a phrase that caught my attention once when I attended a class recollection. It made me think and asked myself how could it be? Later after college I move to another place where I got a job and an office mate of mine invited me to join a group that handles seminars and lectures on how to make Life colorful and worth living in a Christian way. One of the things I learned from the group of which until now I have it with me is to have a Quite Time with the Lord.

Quite Time is when you talk to God.I'm not saying I don't pray before nor read the scripture, I do but having a quality quite time with Him makes a difference from what I used to do before. It gives me the chance to develop my listening skills and to discover myself more.

In praying let us try not to just ask and ask instead give thanks to Him and give God the chance to talk to us so we can find answers for anything that bothers us. And let us try to do our quite time during the best time of the day because God deserves only the best from us.

No comments: